free website stats program Major decision! HELP | Harley Davidson Forums

Major decision! HELP

capnjapseye

Right, here it is............... in February this year I bought my first Harley, an 07 XL1200R. I kept it only for a couple of months and then bought an 06 Suzuki Bandit 650K6 - my third Bandit. Now I am suffering as I have been offered: 1. A 2004 XL1200R, Custom paint (flames), stage 1 kit with Python silencers OR 2. A 2008 (brand new) Suzuki Bandit special edition Streetfighter. The outlay, after flogging the existing 650 Bandit is: £1500 to change for the Harley or £2500 to change for the Bandit. I honestly don't know what to do .... comments please?

Bandit V Sportster ??? Manic V Laid Back (a bit). Maybe the answer is to keep my 650 Bandit and get the Sporty as well. I could keep them together in the garage and maybe, just maybe, they would mate and produce ........... the XR1200! I rode one of these the other day and was utterly unimpressed, Harley Davidson should keep to the old marque.

Surely you must know that you have already answered your own question. Why ask people to advise on something you've already made your mind on, and done? If you truely liked Harley's so much you wouldn't of traded off your sporters in the first place. So grow some hair on your chest and stand by your decision and stick with your Suzuki's. After all it surely is the better choice. Leave the Harley's to the rest of us that don't know any better.

Just out of curiosity - How old are you? (This coming from a 63 year old grandmother) It may just be that you need to "sow those wild oats" with your metric bikes for a while. Then when you are ready to settle down and be responsible, you may decide Harley Davidson is the biKe for you. I have come to love my "Hand-me-down Sporty".But they are not for everyone. Even my husband was only happy with it for a season..........Then he moved up to his Heritage Classic and left me with his hand-me down.:newsmile103:

No,it's not a bad hand-me-down at all: Just wait til I get it back with all my own additions. I'll post pictures when I get back from Jamaica>:beach:beach

Hombre forget the Harley and go for the Bandit...Sportsters are girls bikes...:p

Talking of Bandits how do I get in touch with the seller of the 2004 XL1200R :D

Last edited:
Jeez, I never asked anyone what I should buy, That right there tells me you should stick to the Suzuki

Wow!
I was only asking!
It was interesting to be asked my age - I'm 48 and three quarters. I have had many bikes over the years.
Still haven't made me mind up though.
Ta for all the comments - I did obviously expect some stick by posting this question here, I was asking for it really.
Thanks for your guidance.

Surely you must know that you have already answered your own question. Why ask people to advise on something you've already made your mind on, and done? If you truely liked Harley's so much you wouldn't of traded off your sporters in the first place. So grow some hair on your chest and stand by your decision and stick with your Suzuki's. After all it surely is the better choice. Leave the Harley's to the rest of us that don't know any better.

I assume you have read the rule #8 like you checked the box that you did when you joined?

Just to refresh your memory...

8.We take the Be Polite rule very seriously! We do not tolerate any rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning.

Back