free website stats program Maiden Voyage | Harley Davidson Forums

Maiden Voyage

Casper52

I took a short trip down the incredible Oregon coast this evening on my new-to-me 2014 Ultra Limited.

Almost everything was great except the positioning of the shifter and the foot brake. Both were uncomfortably high - at least higher than I'm accustomed to. I had to pickup my feet in order to use either of them. I have (and need) the driver's backrest so it may be that it's pushing me too far forward.

I need to find a fix for this fast since it was very uncomfortable if not also dangerous.

Thanks for you suggestions in advance.

Candy.jpg

The shift lever(s) can be adjusted by pulling off and rotating on the splined shaft. They make brake pedals that lean farther forward. Since the bike has footboards instead of pegs, it's sort of the way it is.

Pete has you covered, I might add you can adjust the tilt slightly on the foot boards but probably not enough to make a difference.

For me on the shifter I found that one tooth would be too low one way and one tooth the other way would be too high. So you can adjust the shifter by undoing the shifter linkage and adjusting the linkage itself.

Back