free website stats program Magnetti Marino FI tank fittings | Harley Davidson Forums

Magnetti Marino FI tank fittings

pilgrum

:bigsmiley30:

1999 Road king wth MM FI system with two fuel connectors from the tank to the FI body. I'm changing the tank and seemed to have bunged up the female threads at the tank. I can't seem to find anyone who knows the size of the fitting or the female threads. Any help out there?

Obviously I don't know how bad you hurt the threads. But I can tell you that as a machinist with 17 years experience there are seldom instances where you can't restore metal threads. If it is the lead thread that won't pick up, try getting an awl or maybe a nail and start on a good thread and work toward the damage, patience and tactics will get it straight enough to hold. Once you get things working you can decide if you need to chase the threads with the matching piece but don't risk the male piece, if it binds just stop and rethink if you want to get a tap or find a brass fitting that will chase without damage the "real" piece. Aside it is up to you to keep the dislodged metal shavings out of the tank.

Do you have a thread file? They come in handy, you can get them individual or they come in the craftsman tap and die set

You might check a spark plug thread chaser. I used one on my 99 Ultra. I think it was the 14mm but will look tomorrow at work & see if I can make sure. It was about a year ago when I did it.

Toby

Back