free website stats program Magnetic docking hardware covers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Magnetic docking hardware covers

Excuse a stupid question but what is Magnetic Docking hardware? And, why would you want to cover them?

Excuse a stupid question but what is Magnetic Docking hardware? And, why would you want to cover them?

Just for cosmetic purposes. They cover the docking hardware with a chrome, magnetic "button" to hide the hardware a little while what ever is detachable, is detached.... My buddy has them on his Deluxe....they look pretty good.

Teleman, I run these on my Glide and they are available for the two point docking system the HD Part number is 48035-09 they are $24.95 if you have the 4 point you have to buy two sets.

These are new for 2009 and cover the docking hardware when not in use.

I want to by these, but they only come in a pack of 4 and are $40.00. I only need 2 because a sissy bar is all I will ever have on the bike. No trunk in my future.....thanks HD!

Anybody have 2 they want to sell? If not, anybody want to by 2 from me if I buy the 4 pack?

Mark in PA

Please respond with a PM:

Thanks

Teleman, I run these on my Glide and they are available for the two point docking system the HD Part number is 48035-09 they are $24.95 if you have the 4 point you have to buy two sets.
Thanks man! I'll grab a set next time at the dealer's. Wish the parts guy would have known this!

I guess your all set now but you made me curious here. Are you gonna put the detachable backrest on and leave it on? I have the 4 point docking system, so the two most rear ones always have the caps on and everytime I take the backrest off I have the two caps for the forward ones.

No.....I only have a 1 point dock, just for the sissy bar. Never intend to have a rack or a trunk, so I only need the single point dock. When I run the solo seat, with the sissy bar and pillion removed, thats when I want to cover the dock point.

Ohhhhhh, ok Teleman I gotcha now. I know what you mean about the no trunk or tour pak stuff, but then again you never know.. It was part of the negotiation on the purchase of the bike. I wanted a removable back rest and I wanted the four point incase I ever change my mind down the road. So that's why the four piece works for me and I think I was stuck in that train of thought. Sorry

Back