Maggie Valley

Discussion in 'Road Trips/Touring' started by gator508, Oct 24, 2014.

1. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

Hi everyone,

Well we have been up here in the valley since last Saturday, with a very very slow wifi here in the cabin, so I don't even know if this thread will post, anyway enough of that.

It's beautiful up here and not crowded, much different than Gatlinburg.

So far we have ridden several days, went to Wheels thru Time Museum, to Cherokee and the Cherokee Museum, up the Blue Ridge Pkwy, absolutely stunning, and a place named Paul's in Cherokee which has great food. We rode out towards Franklin yesterday to Highland to see waterfalls which were very beautiful, we put on about 150 miles yesterday which took most of the day, riding thru the mountains is slow to go but fun.

The color change of the trees is almost at it's peak, so we are lucky to be here.
    Haven't decided where the road will take us today, we are waiting for the temps to warm up.

I'm not posting pictures because of the wifi, so be patient, I'll post when we get home. Keeping two down:D

2. tourbox

tourbox Senior Member

Sounds like a fun ride. I was in that area last August and enjoyed the scenery & riding. Waiting for the pics.
    tourbox

3. Jennmarr

Jennmarr Junior Member

Don't miss the Cherohala Skyway!
    Connects Robinsville, NC and Tellico Plains, TN. My favorite road in that area.

4. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

Have fun and ride safe.:s

5. atm33

atm33 Active Member

Blue Ridge Pkwy is definitely beautiful in fall. Sounds like a great ride.

6. 01 rk

01 rk Active Member

+ 1 on the Cherohala Skyway

7. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

R-U-S-S (I'm typing slow so his wifi doesn't have trouble). :D
    If you haven't already discovered, many motels and restaurants in the area have maps of great local motorcycle roads. I've been to the area over a dozen times, but never in the fall foliage season.

8. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Glad you are having a great time Gator....

9. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

Breeze3at,

ha-ha-ha thanks for that, I've never seen a wifi soooooooo sloooow! We did find a lot of ride maps and they are very helpful.

Go during the fall if it's not too cold it's beautiful, we did get a little cold on some of the outings.

10. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Good on you for a great trip and pictures, bet Bama feels good when you get home:D