free website stats program maggie valley nc | Harley Davidson Forums

maggie valley nc

Eddy1

i'am from ohio & wife & i are planing a trip to maggie valley this spring. just wondered if anyone from down that way have explored the area? Day trips places to see things to do. Been doing some research and lots of posts about staying in the holiday hotel biker friendly & great rates. Any input welcome. Thanx all & great site.

A beautiful area with many close by attractions (if you need a break from riding).
Cherokee NC, Dolly Wood, Gatlinburg and the Smokey Mtn. Nat. park. Great roads everywhere. And one of the best motorcycle museums "Wheels thru Time". I'd suggest NOT going on a holiday weekend to the general area. It is very popular and gets congested.

We stayed at the Smokey Mountain Lodge in Maggie Valley and then rode up to the Dragon Tail. 318 curves in 10 miles. Love riding it, but you need to be careful.:D

pigeon forge is a giant parking lot fyi

we did a loop around from the cherahola skyway around to the dragon, then had to come back a different way because the rockslides but that is all open now

some of the most beautiful country in the usa

I agree with everyone that has posted,very good riding and the people are nice.We had a great ride down there last summer

When in Maggie Valley be sure to visit the Wheels Through Time museum. They are a museum that prides itself on every bike in it being able and has run.

i'am from ohio & wife & i are planing a trip to maggie valley this spring. just wondered if anyone from down that way have explored the area? Day trips places to see things to do. Been doing some research and lots of posts about staying in the holiday hotel biker friendly & great rates. Any input welcome. Thanx all & great site.

Wheels through Time motorcycle museam is in Maggie Valley. One of the best collection of old HD bikes.Save at least 1/2 day to see the museam, you will not be disapointed. Most of the bike are on the floor, where you can walk around them and the owners will usaully fire one or two of the old bikes up daily.

You can't go wrong on just about any road you take. We went down there last Labor day weekend and had a great time. Enjoy.

Great area, so much to see and do. Take a ride up to Asheville and check out the Biltmore Estate, it's right off the Blue Ridge Pkwy. They have a great winery and restaurant on site. Info here

Back