free website stats program Magazines..not the gun type..... | Harley Davidson Forums

Magazines..not the gun type.....

Rebyl

Banned
Way way Down Under we have to order our bike mag's, they do not just appear on the shelves and being new to the HD brand please forgive my ignorance....what are some good Mags apart from "Live to Ride", nice mag and good pictures to remind an Ol Fella what they looked like:p.
Would like some mags that also talk about products, models and upgrades etc. TIA:D

I like Hot Bike Baggers for the articles in it. They all just about end up with the same articles monthly.

I wouldn't buy a copy of American Iron if it was the last mag left in the world.

It's full of advertisements from cover to cover and the "editor in chief" spams the forums on the net for free and will not contribute to any of them after loading his posts everywhere with links to his mags and to his own web site. VERY poor business IMO.
He also posts for articles on forums from members that he turns into articles in his mag for increased sales/profit.
He did it here also for a very short while and got rather bold/outspoken and rude with me when he was told not to do it..:yes

When offered a chance to "advertise" on the forum or be a contributor, he declined that offer and left when he saw that he would not get any free advertising on HDT and his links were being removed from his posts.

Hate to hear that about American Iron. I've been a subscriber for 3 years and enjoy the mag. I agree it has tons of ads.

Glider, your comment made me think of something I noticed the last few days. Some of the forum member's replys have words in green (least I think they were green) that link to various sites. I've only clicked on one and the site I got didn't seem to jive with the discussion/comment. Not sure what that is all about??:dknow

I wouldn't buy a copy of American Iron if it was the last mag left in the world.

It's full of advertisements from cover to cover and the "editor in chief" spams the forums on the net for free and will not contribute to any of them after loading his posts everywhere with links to his mags and to his own web site. VERY poor business IMO.
He also posts for articles on forums from members that he turns into articles in his mag for increased sales/profit.
He did it here also for a very short while and got rather bold/outspoken and rude with me when he was told not to do it..:yes

When offered a chance to "advertise" on the forum or be a contributor, he declined that offer and left when he saw that he would not get any free advertising on HDT and his links were being removed from his posts.

Sorry to here about this as it is my favorite rag.If I had to pic this forum or AI it would be this forum.The cool thing is I dont.For someone in Australia, Id have to recomend American Iron.I actualy like the advertizements.Looking for rims?Lets see Moco's at 1100 a piece?Hmmm what can Kelly Johnson do for me?I think I have his web sight right here in the rag.
That said, Im not opposed to dropping a subtle HDtalking hint in a letter to the editor.

Hate to hear that about American Iron. I've been a subscriber for 3 years and enjoy the mag. I agree it has tons of ads.

Glider, your comment made me think of something I noticed the last few days. Some of the forum member's replys have words in green (least I think they were green) that link to various sites. I've only clicked on one and the site I got didn't seem to jive with the discussion/comment. Not sure what that is all about??:dknow

Not sure what you are referring to either.

Three Steps is referring to the system capturing key words in posts that could be linked to an advertisement. Words, such as, cruising, car, etc. have been captured.

OK found out what this was.

What you see is "text link advertisements", you will see word with double-underline hyperlinks for relevant keyword which is matched to the advertiser’s ad. Upon a hover of the mouse, a floating informational bubble opens with content from an advertiser. If clicked, you will be directed to the advertiser’s landing page, when the mouse is moved away from the hyperlink, the bubble disappears.

Nothing wrong with your computer.
All text link advertisements will be removed automatically when you login in,these ads for guests only.

For more information please visit our privacy statement page.
Harley Davidson Community HDTimeline Privacy Policy

Thanks for checking that out. Wasn't sure what was going on. :ap

OK found out what this was.

What you see is "text link advertisements", you will see word with double-underline hyperlinks for relevant keyword which is matched to the advertiser’s ad. Upon a hover of the mouse, a floating informational bubble opens with content from an advertiser. If clicked, you will be directed to the advertiser’s landing page, when the mouse is moved away from the hyperlink, the bubble disappears.

Nothing wrong with your computer.
All text link advertisements will be removed automatically when you login in,these ads for guests only.

For more information please visit our privacy statement page.
Harley Davidson Community HDTimeline Privacy Policy

Back