free website stats program Made my own backrest mount | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Made my own backrest mount

you da man! bought the harley kit. what a joke compared to the old style. no lie, i spent 2 hrs, 45 min. trying-trying to get the bolt into the hole where the heat deflector goes on the left side. then had to replace spark plug wire in back. first time i adjusted the back rest the cable pulled out of the toggle. repeat above. 92*F on blacktop with black bike. sometimes i wish i didn't have such big hands. wonder when i'll remember to put rags over the primary opening so bolts don't fall thru and i need the magnet on a stick.

Thanks for the comments:bigsmiley12: I'm really happy with the outcome.It's not adjustable like the MOCO version, but it's set up for me and with all the $$$$ I saved, I can live with it. One thing I didn't mention( or no one noticed) was that I had to find a backrest pad with a single bolt mount. All the touring pads seem to have a 3 bolt mounting bracket which would have looked way out of place from behind, and we all know it's about the look:p I found this pad at a swap meet for $35, supposedly off a Duece.

Back