free website stats program Made it home in one piece! | Harley Davidson Forums

Made it home in one piece!

Sharky1948

Just took delivery of my '07 Sporty 1200C. I'm pleased to report that I made it home (all of about 5 miles) in one piece with no scratches on the bike. Of course my son, who was tailing me in his car, claims I never exceed 25 mph. (I think he's exaggerating. I'm sure I saw the speedo hit 28!)

Now it's sitting under its cover, as it is raining for the rest of the day. Tomorrow and the weekend should be better.

Trust me. After 35 years of not being on a bike (and very limited experience before that), I won't be running any risk of over revving the engine during breakin.

Glad to have the bike now. I don't feel so much like a lurker or faker on the board!

Congrats on the new bike, take it easy and get the feel of the bike before pulling any wheelies:D

I'll be out there! Looks like my scuba trip to the wreck of the USS Bass is going to be scratched on Saturday, so I'll get to take advantage of the weather here.

Oooh brother, you have no idea what addiction you have started for yourself.

I bought a sportster for the wife's 60th birthday and one for me to go along...her's still sitting in the garage, mine already has over 1,000 miles, including a trip from New Orleans to Canyon Lake, TX that was the biggest adrenaline rush I've had since age 13...

Enjoy!!

Oooh brother, you have no idea what addiction you have started for yourself.

I bought a sportster for the wife's 60th birthday and one for me to go along...her's still sitting in the garage, mine already has over 1,000 miles, including a trip from New Orleans to Canyon Lake, TX that was the biggest adrenaline rush I've had since age 13...

Enjoy!!

And, I have an addictive personality to fuel the fire!

I got off easier on the bike... My wife has a few titanium body parts from a wicked car accident, so riding a bike is not an option. I don't think they can put Humpty Dumpty back together again twice! (We'll see if I get confident enough to put her on the back of mine...)

Back