free website stats program Made in China ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Made in China ?

R_W_B

Was in a local Cycle shop the other day and bought some fingerless gloves. Nice set, had gel padding and cool enough for summer riding. I happened to look inside and it said..... Made in Pakistan.

So I looked at a few rain suits. Nice looking suits, mesh interior liners, heat pads on the legs, pockets etc. Looked inside and it said... Made in Pakistan

Looks like China has some serious competition.

From anywhere but here. We've given our future away. Now it belongs to the new middle classes from other countries. SHAME how we just didn't get it while it was happening.

I hear you Dave. I bought a leather from a local Harley dealer during a clearance sale...you guessed it, made in Pakistan.

Bought a pair of those Pakistan fingerless gloves at the R.O.T. Rally in 08. Hit some rain coming home and took a week to get the dye off my hands! :p

You might want to check out Fox Creek Leather. High quality, made here in America, and decent people to deal with. I bought a jacket and gloves from them, and would do so again without hesitation.

Was in a local Cycle shop the other day and bought some fingerless gloves. Nice set, had gel padding and cool enough for summer riding. I happened to look inside and it said..... Made in Pakistan.

So I looked at a few rain suits. Nice looking suits, mesh interior liners, heat pads on the legs, pockets etc. Looked inside and it said... Made in Pakistan

Looks like China has some serious competition.

And they charge four times what it is really worth because it had the HD logo on it!:newsmile055:

Guys I went to China last year with my girlfriend who is from there. We went to a small town with makes and has a very big outlet mall for Leather goods. I was looking for a new vest. I found some which said "made in Pakistan" some that said "Made in Korea" and yes even some "Made in USA"...all these looked the same, but the snaps, and all made at the same shop. I guess it depends on who is buying

Guys I went to China last year with my girlfriend who is from there. We went to a small town with makes and has a very big outlet mall for Leather goods. I was looking for a new vest. I found some which said "made in Pakistan" some that said "Made in Korea" and yes even some "Made in USA"...all these looked the same, but the snaps, and all made at the same shop. I guess it depends on who is buying

... and the price was....

Did they have the HD logo on them?

Did they have the HD logo on them?
Some did have HD some Victory,not all and the prices were all over the place. I tried on one from Korea was an XXXXL and same model from Pakistan was an XXXL fit was the same :) Never the less I bought 2 from Pakistan seem to be find but the snaps blow open at any speed.

Back