free website stats program Mac OS help | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Mac OS help

Having worked for Microsoft for the better part of 18 years, I have to say that Vista was not our proudest moment. One thing that can help Vista users is to use Microsoft Security Essentials (remove other anti-virus and reboot first), very fast, well regarded and wont slow down your machine at all.

Windows 7 rocks, however, I've been using it since beta and have it on several machines, from netbooks to laptops, it really is terrific.
Windows 7 reminds me a lot of the mac os. :s LOL, Just kidding there, from what I have seen, Windows 7 is a step in the right direction. I like what I have seen. I'm still waiting for the driver updates to catch up, I went through that with Vista.

I'm still waiting for the driver updates to catch up, I went through that with Vista.

If you go into Windows Update, have you looked to see if you have any optional updates? Those are usually hardware updates. In Windows 7, we've worked with the OEMs to have those come thru Windows Update vs having to surf the vendors support site.

2 other things I'd do is make sure your BIOS is up to date, and with Internet Explorer, go to Microsoft Update Catalog and search for any driver to see if there's one available.

Back