free website stats program Mac OS help | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Mac OS help

Wow... That is an awesome Christmas present!

I'm not so sure how long I have been using mine now... over a year for sure and there is absolutely nothing that will ever make me go back to Windows. Actually, the learning process is not nearly as bad as we all start out thinking it is going to be.

At one point I had weaned away from Windows/Parallels all together but have found there are just a few programs I like that have not been replicated for Mac and probably won't ever be.

I am also not one of those people who are in 'denial' that OS X has no problems, because it does have it's quirks. You will find them too. But over all, it is an awesome system.

So congrats are in order! Enjoy your new, clean system!

And by the way... day before yesterday, I couldn't take it any longer... got out the 'ride' and decided that regardless of how cold it is I'm going to ride at least 15 minutes a day. Yesterday it was below zero... but a nice ride...

Cheers!

That is where I am at currently. After having received an IMac for Christmas I still have it in the box because I dread the learning process. So I am using my old Sony Vaio desktop. I will eventually do as you did, use it more and more. That's the only way to learn i guess.
It was great to hear that a great many members of this helpful forum have Mac OS. I'll be peeking at this subject more and more now that i know that.

I have been using my mac book pro for 2 years and they say "once you go mac, you never go back." Never a truer statement. You will love it. I suggest you just quit the pc cold turkey. You won't have any problems.

Wow... That is an awesome Christmas present!

I'm not so sure how long I have been using mine now... over a year for sure and there is absolutely nothing that will ever make me go back to Windows. Actually, the learning process is not nearly as bad as we all start out thinking it is going to be.

At one point I had weaned away from Windows/Parallels all together but have found there are just a few programs I like that have not been replicated for Mac and probably won't ever be.

I am also not one of those people who are in 'denial' that OS X has no problems, because it does have it's quirks. You will find them too. But over all, it is an awesome system.

So congrats are in order! Enjoy your new, clean system!

And by the way... day before yesterday, I couldn't take it any longer... got out the 'ride' and decided that regardless of how cold it is I'm going to ride at least 15 minutes a day. Yesterday it was below zero... but a nice ride...

Cheers!

Below Zero and you went for a ride? Wow! I am not worthy! :) My bike is put away for the Winter with the insurance taken off of it. Sometimes I wonder if I make a mistake doing that because we do get some nice days during the Winter when I wish that I could just fire it up and go for a ride. Especially when I see others out on their bikes. Then I really feel guilty.
Thanks for the kind words about the IMac. Hopefully I'll get to talk to you some more about the Mac. I see you are from China. Wow! That is a long ways away!

I have been using my mac book pro for 2 years and they say "once you go mac, you never go back." Never a truer statement. You will love it. I suggest you just quit the pc cold turkey. You won't have any problems.
Thanks glenalt. I suppose that is what I will have to do, go cold turkey.
"once you go mac, you never go back" I like that. I seem to have heard a similar version of that. :s

After having received an IMac for Christmas I still have it in the box because I dread the learning process. .

Wow, what are you waiting for. I have never used a Mac in my life but from what I have heard from friends it's Great. What a joke Visa is. Gates should refund customers for buying that OS. I don't trust him anymore.

Dive into that Box!

Having worked for Microsoft for the better part of 18 years, I have to say that Vista was not our proudest moment. One thing that can help Vista users is to use Microsoft Security Essentials (remove other anti-virus and reboot first), very fast, well regarded and wont slow down your machine at all.

Windows 7 rocks, however, I've been using it since beta and have it on several machines, from netbooks to laptops, it really is terrific.

One thing that can help Vista users is to use Microsoft Security Essentials (remove other anti-virus and reboot first), very fast, well regarded and wont slow down your machine at all.

Windows 7 rocks, however, I've been using it since beta and have it on several machines, from netbooks to laptops, it really is terrific.

Thanks for the Tip but I have Stripped everything possible from the OS. Yes, it did help. It went from 'Unusable' to "Near impossible" to use. In all due respect, did Gates have to hide everything to protect me from myself.

Windows 7 Rocks? Will I have to buy a 64 bit processor and 5 G of ram for it to Rock..

Definitely get 64 bit if you have 4GB of ram, 32 bit address space is not big enough to recognize all 4GB

Back