free website stats program Mac OS help | Harley Davidson Forums

Mac OS help

Irish Hog

Well I bought a new PC today and I got a I Mac. This is a whole new world for me. This is this the first Mac I have ever used, I have been using Windows since day 1, so now I am really lost

So I am curious if anyone else is using a Mac and if you can give me any quick tips or advice about using this system. I would just like to know if there is any major differences between Mac OS vs Windows. I do know from what I already am seeing, I love this computer, it is light years from what I have been using. Thanks for any help..

Hi. I have used Macs for years and currently have a 24" Imac and a MacBook Pro. You should have no problem at all, if anything you should find it a lot easier, after all windows has been trying to copy the ease of the mac operating system since it's conception. I have never had to take one to a shop for repairs yet, or has anyone I know. It will take you no time at all to get comfortable. Good luck and welcome to another family

Welcome brother, to the wonderful world of Mac! I've used pc's for years and hated every second of it! I have yet to in counter any problems with my macbook pro. Love the ease of use and NEVER CRASHING! Good luck!

Hi. I have used Macs for years and currently have a 24" Imac and a MacBook Pro. You should have no problem at all, if anything you should find it a lot easier, after all windows has been trying to copy the ease of the mac operating system since it's conception. I have never had to take one to a shop for repairs yet, or has anyone I know. It will take you no time at all to get comfortable. Good luck and welcome to another family
I am finding that out now, all I can say is WOW!!!.

I got the 20", but it is more than I need as it is. But if you can how do you fit the browser page to fit the whole screen??. I figured out how to maximize the email, but the browser page is off to the side and still showing the desktop??

Welcome brother, to the wonderful world of Mac! I've used pc's for years and hated every second of it! I have yet to in counter any problems with my macbook pro. Love the ease of use and NEVER CRASHING! Good luck!
Yes indeed, I wish I would have done this sooner, it seems very smooth and very simple to use..

Last edited by a moderator:
What is nice with the new Macs is that they can run bootcamp or VMware to let you run those pesky windows apps that don't come in a MacOS version. I can run my Power Commander and T-Max software to monitor or tune my bike under XP while running on my Macbook. Way cool!

Just click on the green button on the top left corner and your Mac will do the rest.
Mac, the next best thing after Harleys.

Just click on the green button on the top left corner and your Mac will do the rest.
Mac, the next best thing after Harleys.
I did click the green button, it still will not fill the whole screen with the browser and webpages.

I will say that the photo management is amazing!!! just plug any camera in and it sorts and stores the photos.

The "+" (green button) is set to resize from either the original size the window was, or to basically fit the contents as much as possible. Full screen (like in Windows) isn't a part of the Mac OS or the way it works.
I do like the full screen mode but the way the GUI is set up is different. On a Windows machine, its not friendly to have multiple windows open, but it works great if everything is full screened and you switch through with the taskbar at the bottom. OS X doesn't have this underlying style, instead its set up so you have what you want showing, and how much you want (you have to customize it).

I'm not sure if this will help, but I drag my windows from the bottom right corner to make them bigger. I have had my mac for just under a year. I was always pc based. I now use my mac 95% of the time. I have never had a problem with it.

I didn't have much time to 'learn' it early on, so I continued to use the pc. Eventually, oh like December-ish, I started using the mac more & more. Now, I sort of dread going to the pc these days. The mac is just so much easier to figure things out, it just makes sense. :s

I'm not sure if this will help, but I drag my windows from the bottom right corner to make them bigger. I have had my mac for just under a year. I was always pc based. I now use my mac 95% of the time. I have never had a problem with it.

I didn't have much time to 'learn' it early on, so I continued to use the pc. Eventually, oh like December-ish, I started using the mac more & more. Now, I sort of dread going to the pc these days. The mac is just so much easier to figure things out, it just makes sense. :s
Yep this is what you have to do. I figured it out one day fooling around. Every window has a little arrow in the corner and you just drag the window to make it smaller or bigger.

Back