free website stats program M.S. Money Vs. Quicken | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

M.S. Money Vs. Quicken

Basic is all you need to do all that stuff, Although I currently have Quicken Deluxe 2008, so I can say 100%. The advanced ones are more for personal businesses, etc. I use it for home only, credit card download, bank download, budget planning and reporting on my spending. Basic should take care of you, if not you can always upgrade it, but I think you'll find it to be more than enough.

Bwalsh,

Thanks for the reply. New Egg has basic Quicken for under $40 with free shipping, that is where I will go.

I am a Quicken fan. I just bought a new copy of Quicken for the Apple. This is the one thing that is killing me by switching the OS. You have to buy all new software.

I have Quicken up and running and love it! Downloading my bank statements through Quicken saves me from having to visit my bank's web site; balancing my accounts is also easier with Quicken.

I am wondering why I waited so long to make the switch!!:D

Do any of you guys know if the program CD can be used to reinstall Quicken on a computer where the program has already been loaded? I might have to replace the hard drive on one of my computers and I have already used the maximum of three installations.

You should be okay, if you run into an issue just call their support they are good. I do the download and must have installed it at least a half dozen times.

Thanks Bwalsh. I have been burned in the past by Microsoft when I bought a software C.D. and used it to reinstall the software after a system crash. There must be a file on the disk that counts the number of installations. I understand they are trying to prevent other people from installing from my disk, but the unintended consequence is M.S. is limiting us in the number of "recoveries" we can make from their C.D.s.

Microsoft is very concerned about licensing since most of their software ends up getting pirated. Mainly cause it is too expensive and not worth the money. The companies that make quality software at the right price do not worry about it as much. Quicken is one of those companies.

Microsoft recently announced that they are discontinuing their Microsoft Money software. In other words they will not be making it any longer. Those who currently use Money can continue to do so...but it will not download from your bank or brokerage after a certain date in the future.

If you have not already done so, start thinking about switching over to one of the many versions of Quicken. Your Money files will convert to Quicken files.

I took the advise of you guys and am now running Quicken. I am very happy with it, in fact, I have it running on three computers and have reinstalled it on one of my computers after a system crash. There were no issues with the reinstallation; I am sold!

Back