free website stats program M.S. Money Vs. Quicken | Harley Davidson Forums

M.S. Money Vs. Quicken

Steve Di.

I am currently using Microsoft Money to manage my household finances. Due to numerous system crashes and hard drive failures, I have been forced to reinstall Money on my computers over the years. Because of that, my M.S. Office disk will no longer allow me to install Money, so I am on the market to either buy another M.S. Office disk, or simply convert to Quicken.

Do any of you have any in-site as to which is the better product? Also, who offers the best price on this software?

Thanks in advance for you input.

I've used Quicken for years now. I think it cost 60 bucks and can be combined during tax time for additional rebates. Upgrades are optional, I've done them a few times, but typically don't since the software works so well. You can't go wrong with Quicken and your MS Money file should convert easily.

Also, if you are really diligent about your finances (like myself) landware makes Pocket Quicken that works on any Smartphone or Palm OS out there. And if you have an iPhone, I would put money on it that they are working on an iPhone product.

I'm on about my sixth version of Quicken now. I started out with a two 5 1/4 inch floppy disk, DOS version. I have never had a problem with it. You just have to upgrade every few years to be able to download account information from your financial institutions.

For the record, I tried MS Money once, it came installed on a PC I'd bought. It may have been OK if I'd used it longer but I went back to Quicken.
:USA

We use Quickbooks pro at work and quickbooks at home ,have since 95 with no issues at all

Thank you. You guys have sold me.

I use Turbo Tax to do my taxes and have always wished Money could interface with it the way Quicken does. I guess that problem is now solved.

I too have been with Quicken since the DOS day - Quicken Version 5. While I've never used MS Money and can't compare the two - I do like quicken

On my fifth version of MS Money. No problems. I did start with Quicken. No reason for the switch other than a few versions were free with Turbo Tax during past tax seasons.

Thank you. You guys have sold me.

I use Turbo Tax to do my taxes and have always wished Money could interface with it the way Quicken does. I guess that problem is now solved.

Oh, you will definitely love that part of it then, if you record your data into the right categories, basically just an import function. I'm too nervous to just let it do, but I use it, double check things and then go forward.

When shopping on line for Quicken, I found there are different versions. I saw an introductory version for $34.99 and various more advanced versions whose prices stepped up to $74.99.

Since I am not familiar with Quicken, I am not sure if the basic (introductory) version will fill all my needs. I am currently using Money to handle my household finances, bill paying, and tax filing. I down load my bank statement from Bank Of America on a daily basis and use their on line bill paying service.

I do not use Money to manage my investments, such as 401(k) accounts.

I guess that sounds pretty basic; how does that fit with the basic version of Quicken?

Back