free website stats program Lyndall Z pads | Harley Davidson Forums

Lyndall Z pads

rklew

I had my dealer put on a full set on these on my 09 Roadking at my last service. The front brakes have almost no dust at all ever, but I still get black dust on the single rear. Do you think they got me and they only did the fronts?

Does the brake pad material look the same front and back? You should be able to tell from the material and the backing plate.

I have the Lyndall pads on the back...theres still some dusting but no where near what it was.
wilks3
:USA

Rear wheel and brake area is not exposed to the wind while riding and elements such as rain as the front is. The dust left by the pads (as small as that may be) will always tend to be more noticeable on the rear.

I had my dealer put on a full set on these on my 09 Roadking at my last service. The front brakes have almost no dust at all ever, but I still get black dust on the single rear. Do you think they got me and they only did the fronts?
I have the same on my '03 RKC. Same dust levels as well. Less on rear than with OEM pads.

Enjoy,
Rich P

They seem to feel just an increment smoother, stopping power good, and the noise, "chip-chip-chip-chip", I was getting in front and back, when brakes were released, is gone. Occasional light squeal, but mostsly dead silent. I have no idea about longevity yet. They have only been on about 7 months.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I'm running the Golds and the dust is way less than the HD pads that were on there. However the rear seems a tiny bit dustier than the front, however minimal it is.

Thanks for the replys all. I'll check the backing on the pads to see if they are the same. It was just funny that I use my front 80% of the time, and really only the rear at 10 mph and less (unless needed). Again thanks for the replys.

Back