free website stats program Lurching Clutch | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lurching Clutch

Ah Doug, to you it moved 1", but for that "silly" rider, he probably dropped the clutch and rolled on the throttle...for good measure...think it was comedian Ed White who said "--you can't fix stupid."

Another good one that applies in this situation -

"Stupid is supposed to hurt!"

I can and do start my evo in neutral without sitting on it, and with the choke on and it doesn't move but the new glide I sit on it first, with the clutch pulled in and then start it, and can feel the lurch that is spoken of.

Well, this discussion solved one issue for me. I thought the lurch (and clunk when shifting into 1rst when cold) was due to the clutch being out of adjustment.

You guys just saved me another project!:s

Got timed out while trying to edit the above post.

Ron White, love him, watch every chance I get. Yes, he has a video titled "You can't fix stupid". It has great appeal because it is a universal truth. No matter how much you try to protect yourself, no matter how much our idiot government tries to legislate, you can't fix stupid. But you can make a lot of money with lawsuits that arise because of it.

Ah Doug, to you it moved 1", but for that "silly" rider, he probably dropped the clutch and rolled on the throttle...for good measure...think it was comedian Ed White who said "--you can't fix stupid."

thats ron white

There you go Bud, that's why your a Moderator...you are a stickler for details...and probably a Ron White fan...really miss that show, and I may not be a REDNECK...but I do "git 'er done" from time to time!!! :57:

Last edited:
Perhaps this guy should get a suzuki. Along with my sg i have an intruder and have had other suzukis that you have to pull the clutch. They will not start if they are in gear and the kickstand is down. Maybe this cat should go back to the beginning before heruins the hd.

I always start any of my bikes in neutral with the clutch pulled in and with the front brake on. Learned that session young When I thought I had bike in neutral (the light was on), it moved forward and fell.

You can only do so much to protect someone from themselves.

We don't have enough paper to write laws to protect the idots in the world from themselves

Back