Lunar Eclipse

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Charlies Harley, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Charlies Harley

Charlies Harley Active Member

Anyone else taking in the Lunar Eclipse tonight? Pretty awesome, this won't happen agian for another 400 some odd years, if you missed it you likely wont catch the next one.

2. futurerider

futurerider Active Member

I wanted to, but it happened way to early in the morning for me (3:00AM), I was sound asleep. Why can't it happen during the day when I am up????

I believe there will be many lunar eclips's (?) in our life time, just not on the same night as the winter solstice (?)

(?) = I am not sure of my spelling.

3. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Was able to see it here at 0740 hrs had a very clear sky the light from the moon reflected off the snow had made the night time very bright it was nearly as light at 0100 hrs as it is at the same time during the summer solstice so effects were easily noticed

Brian

4. r_k_dragon

r_k_dragon Active Member

Cloudy here also! Rats!!

Steve E.

5. EnjoyingTheRyde

EnjoyingTheRyde Junior Member

I caught the tail end of it a little after 4:00am here in central Maine through a light snow.

6. SoonerSoftail

SoonerSoftail Active Member

Lots of talk among local groups about it around here. But it was too cloudy to really see anything.

7. Davidw2415

Davidw2415 Senior Member

Cloudy here. TV weather guy said 70% of the country was under cloud cover; well at least it kept the temps up up a little.

8. buck484

buck484 Active Member Contributor

Was cloudy here but still visible. Kind of strange watching the clouds move by the eclipse.

9. 09Classicman

09Classicman Member

I drive at night and was looking forward to being able to see it, but, it was not to be, the cloud cover was too heavy to see it at all.

10. Christina

Christina Member

It was the longest night...!! I missed it, was very busy in my work... Waiting for the next 21st Dec to come....!! Will get to sleep more.. :p :p