free website stats program Luggage rack on Softail Deluxe | Harley Davidson Forums

Luggage rack on Softail Deluxe

jamesearl

OK,I take the pillion off,and the rack is underneath.3001.JPG bolts hold the rack on,but they look kinda permanent. My question is,if I undo those will they come right up,or does a nut inside the fender hold them? There is no room to stick my hand between the tire and rear fender,so if nuts fall down,that rack will be real hard to reinstall.

I'm not 100% sure but the nut may be welded to the fender just for that reason. Try to crack it lose and see if it come out or just spins.

I didn't even think of it being welded.If it is,I don't want to break the weld.The single one(to the right) looks like it comes right out.But that pair together(left) don't look readily removable.I'll give it some time to see if any Deluxe owners have played around with it.

If it is a welded nut you shouldn't have any issues of breaking it off. It's like the nut welded to the top of the fender to attach the rear of the seat. (on my ultra anyways) Good luck.

Looking at the parts diagram there appears to be a support under the fender that has the welded/threaded holes for all 3 bolts. It doesn't show any nuts under it. That's on an '07
tourbox

Back