free website stats program Luggage Rack 07 FXSTC | Harley Davidson Forums

Luggage Rack 07 FXSTC

Putting a luggage rack on the back of my 07 FXSTC with the license plate and brake light already moved to the side, anybody done similar and got any tips:D

If it's a HD rack, set it on and install the front bolt. Center it on the rear plastic mounting area.
Heat up the short end of a suitable sized allen wrench and pierce the plastic through the holes in the rack for the rear bolts.
Clean the globe at the bottom and bolt in place.

Al

If memory serves me correctly, on my '08, the license plate bracket had knockouts that I punched out and the rack (HD twisted chrome), mounted directly to it and then attached the center bolt. 15 minute job, in between cold beers!!!!

If memory serves me correctly, on my '08, the license plate bracket had knockouts that I punched out and the rack (HD twisted chrome), mounted directly to it and then attached the center bolt. 15 minute job, in between cold beers!!!!

My '07 does not have knockouts.
Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

Thanks Gator but my 07 does not have knock outs and an 07 luggage rack won't work. I gotta try a strut mounted rack next.

Thanks Gator but my 07 does not have knock outs and an 07 luggage rack won't work. I gotta try a strut mounted rack next.

Mine doesn't either but I mounted it.

If it's a HD rack, set it on and install the front bolt. Center it on the rear plastic mounting area.
Heat up the short end of a suitable sized allen wrench and pierce the plastic through the holes in the rack for the rear bolts.
Clean the globe at the bottom and bolt in place.

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

Sorry it didn't help, I am surprised that the 07 rack didn't work, isn't that the year of your bike, is the rack an HD, hope you get it on.

Back