Luggage Rack 07 FXSTC

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by hackaneer99, Feb 24, 2012.

1. hackaneer99

hackaneer99 Member

Putting a luggage rack on the back of my 07 FXSTC with the license plate and brake light already moved to the side, anybody done similar and got any tips:D

2. eleft36

eleft36 Junior Member

If it's a HD rack, set it on and install the front bolt. Center it on the rear plastic mounting area.
    Heat up the short end of a suitable sized allen wrench and pierce the plastic through the holes in the rack for the rear bolts.
    Clean the globe at the bottom and bolt in place.

Al

3. hackaneer99

hackaneer99 Member

Thanks Al

4. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

If memory serves me correctly, on my '08, the license plate bracket had knockouts that I punched out and the rack (HD twisted chrome), mounted directly to it and then attached the center bolt. 15 minute job, in between cold beers!!!!

5. eleft36

eleft36 Junior Member

My '07 does not have knockouts.
    Al

:USA
    :CONNECTICUT

6. hackaneer99

hackaneer99 Member

Thanks Gator but my 07 does not have knock outs and an 07 luggage rack won't work. I gotta try a strut mounted rack next.

7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

8. eleft36

eleft36 Junior Member

Mine doesn't either but I mounted it.

If it's a HD rack, set it on and install the front bolt. Center it on the rear plastic mounting area.
    Heat up the short end of a suitable sized allen wrench and pierce the plastic through the holes in the rack for the rear bolts.
    Clean the globe at the bottom and bolt in place.

Al

:USA
    :CONNECTICUT

9. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

Sorry it didn't help, I am surprised that the 07 rack didn't work, isn't that the year of your bike, is the rack an HD, hope you get it on.

10. wlsnow

wlsnow New Member

What did you all use for hardware?? My box was empty.