lucas oil stabilizer

Discussion in 'Oil' started by johndeeredr, Jul 6, 2014.

1. johndeeredr

johndeeredr Member

got a 012 roadglide and I use hd 360 dyno oil because I change my oil every 2500 miles, engines runs great with the common tapping noise that's inherit with theses motors top side, I have heard that lucas full syn oil stabilizer may help with this noise a little, has anybody used this product? is it worth the 16 bones?

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

IMO save your money, Lucas makes great products, tho I do not believe in adding anything to my oil, however I have been known to run a bit of Marvel Mystery Oil just before an oil change

3. hillbilly81

hillbilly81 Active Member

I have used Lucas 20 50 for years it seems to work good for me... but never used their stabilizer

4. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

I also would not be inclined to add any additive to my bikes oil....

5. HOLY DIVER

HOLY DIVER Junior Member

Agreed no additives needed
    [​IMG]

6. NewHogRider

NewHogRider Member

Not interested in additives .... Get the good stuff to begin with.

7. kdaddy

kdaddy Active Member

I run amsoil therefore i dont need to add anything else :D

8. bobalu

bobalu Active Member

I personally don't use oil additives. IMO and experience, modern engine oils (especially full synthetics) are already designed, engineered and blended with specific additive packages. As such, I don't understand why you would add an after market off the shelf "cocktail" to your new oil. There's nothing wrong with a good dino oil, especially if you are changing it out every 2500 miles. My advice is to save your money or switch to a synthetic if it concerns you. :)

9. johndeeredr

johndeeredr Member

well I did , went with redline syn 20/50 and most of the lifter noise is gone, runs a lot quieter, expensive oil, but what does it cost for peace of mind?

10. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

At $16 a quart, you are effectively adding $4 to the price of each qt. of oil you use. I'd just use a premium Synthetic instead of the additive.