free website stats program Lucas Oil & Stabilizer | Harley Davidson Forums

Lucas Oil & Stabilizer

Hughey79

I read on the internet that Lucas oil dramaticaly lowers the sounds that twin cams make. The person had used the synthetic stabilizer as well. On Bobstheoilguy.com he notes that it does well and as described but adds a lot of air to the oil. Is this a good oil to use or should one stay with Mobile 1? Should one add a stabilizer or consider it a snake oil?
The reason I am asking is that when I went for a ride yesterday I noticed more valve train noise and just wondered if there was a way to make it smoother. Thanks.

I read on the internet that Lucas oil dramaticaly lowers the sounds that twin cams make. The person had used the synthetic stabilizer as well. On Bobstheoilguy.com he notes that it does well and as described but adds a lot of air to the oil. Is this a good oil to use or should one stay with Mobile 1? Should one add a stabilizer or consider it a snake oil?
The reason I am asking is that when I went for a ride yesterday I noticed more valve train noise and just wondered if there was a way to make it smoother. Thanks.

Here's the test done with the lucas .

What about Additives?

Yep that is the exact artilce I read. It seems like he likes it but yet doesnt. Can someone clarify in laymans terms for me?

I got that impression too, first he likes it then when it gets aerated, he's not too happy with it then. I don't think that the aeration in the oil is a desirable thing myself especially if it were in the engine oil as opposed to the trans oil.

Was a good read Glider, thanks for the link. I "was" a Lucas fan until I seen that article. I think Ill be looking at other alternitives for my cage. I dont use any additives in my bike, and dont think Ill start any time soon after reading that either.

Glad to help, As with anything else, there's opinions going in both directions but that site would tend to sway me a bit not to use it any longer if I had been using it.

Good atleast I am not the only one to see it like that. I was looking to change if it would make a difference but its not looking so good.

So are different oils going to have an impact on valve noise. My bike has Syn3 in it and the valves make a decent ammount of noise after it has warmed up. Any sugestions on what oil to use to help reduce this. I am getting ready to do my 5k service and am curious about what engine oil to buy to help reduce engine noise. I am getting the Syn3 out of it . (previous owner put it in all 3 holes). I am going to put Formula plus in the primary and spectro in the trans. When I find a dealer who will get it for me.All the local spectro dealers around where I live won't get it in because they have to buy it a case at a time and don't want to get stuck with it (I can see their point).
Thanks Jack

All the local spectro dealers around where I live won't get it in because they have to buy it a case at a time and don't want to get stuck with it (I can see their point).
Thanks Jack

I don't see their point.!! If I was a dealer I would rather get stuck with one case of oil that would more than likely sell eventually than lose a customer that would more than likely spend more $$$$ than that case of oil cost. Most people buy all their oil at the same place so when you find a guy that will get you the one thing you want that you can't get anywhere else your probably gonna get the other easy to find things at the same time.:42:

So are different oils going to have an impact on valve noise. My bike has Syn3 in it and the valves make a decent ammount of noise after it has warmed up. Any sugestions on what oil to use to help reduce this. I am getting ready to do my 5k service and am curious about what engine oil to buy to help reduce engine noise. I am getting the Syn3 out of it . (previous owner put it in all 3 holes). I am going to put Formula plus in the primary and spectro in the trans. When I find a dealer who will get it for me.All the local spectro dealers around where I live won't get it in because they have to buy it a case at a time and don't want to get stuck with it (I can see their point).
Thanks Jack

Redline makes a 20/60 oil for V Twins. Never used it myself but it has to be better in the TC engines with the valve noises.

Bottom of the page. (Also put MOS10 in the comments box for a 10% discount. )

Motorcycle Oils

Back