free website stats program Lucas oil stabilizer | Harley Davidson Forums

Lucas oil stabilizer

01 rk

Does anybody else use this? I use it with each oil change [16oz.].
I recently posted about the cam tensioners on my '06 flhtc with 48 k, the tensioners showed almost zero wear. Just wondering if this stuff is the reason.

Quality oils have enough additives already your ride you decide if it makes you sleep better at night JMO

Does anybody else use this? I use it with each oil change [16oz.].
I recently posted about the cam tensioners on my '06 flhtc with 48 k, the tensioners showed almost zero wear. Just wondering if this stuff is the reason.

I wouldn't use any additives in my oil, if my oil aint workin for me I'd change brands. As far as the tensioner wear goes it's been reported that it's not the oil or even the tensioners that are at falt, it was dull dies being used to stamp out the plates in the cam chains leaving burrs on the edges that tear up the tensioners. I've got 48000 mles on my Heritage and mine still look good, but many others have had failures at much lower milage, so I guess it's just the luck of the draw if you get a decent chain or not.

The problem as I see it with oil additives is that the oil companies have spent bundles of money to engineer their oil and perform as expected. If I add some additive at such a large percentage then I am throwing their whole additive package out of balance and probably degrading the performance. Better to leave alone and trust that Spectro or whoever is doing the job for you with more science than fiction.

Back