free website stats program Lucas 50wt synthetic oil | Harley Davidson Forums

Lucas 50wt synthetic oil

wilks3

Some of you might be interested in this. Lucas makes a straight synthetic 50wt oil for air cooled V-Twins. It pours out of bottle easier than HD 360 20W50. Engine sounds like a big sewing machine, hot or cold.
wilks3 :D
:USA

Honda? Honda? ...........oh you were joking. Pheeeew. :D
Engine has never sounded better on the top end.
Just thought some people would like to know its available. Seems to be doing great job.
wilks3

The lower number "--20W-50 of multi-grade oil is basically the flow rate at winter temperatures. Quite honestly, since your in Florida or in the tropical latitudes you really do not need that wide range multi-vis oil...but if you look in your owners manual you will see acceptable oil vis for your expected temperature range between oil changes.

Smitty, Ya know I've heard that before, but I can't get it in my limited brain as to why.
To me if something internal is making noise and you go to synthetic or heavier or straight weight oil within reason, and the noise goes away, what is being hurt?
wilks3

I didn't mean that drastic of a change...your right, it would blow up.
Some people say the top end is noisier with syn oil, while others have no problem.
I was just wondering...
wilks3

I agree with tighter tolerances than we have seen in many years, a good flowing syn oil would be a great choice, Modern day oil pumps have gotten better at squeezing the oil , oil for motors and gear lube for trannys:s

Back