free website stats program lubricate | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

lubricate

have used silicone spray lube....good results have used 3 in 1 oil ....good results have used air tool oil good results next i will use marvel mystery oil

anybody else tried air tool oil? its very thin and seemed to do the job very well

Marvel Mystery oil, pretty much says it all for me , I use it in my air tools too, Tho I would try air tool oil also for its gre:sat lube qualities, JMO

I read once about using chain lube, big mistake. I couldn't twist the throttle afterwards. I had to flush every thing down with wd40 until the throttle cables started moving freely again.
kemo

Kemo...hate to admit it but I did the very same thing, but on a metric bike using PJ-1 Chain lube...it is sticky so it does not "sling" off the chain and the other thing it attracts dirt like crazy...immediately stopped using it on my rear drive train after that...might as well spray it with liquid sandpaper. :newsmile026: Live and learn! Dry slide works great for throttle cables and does not attract dirt.:bigsmiley12: Three in one works to loosen things up like WD-40, BUT it evaporates fairly quickly without leaving a residue, but requires you to relube fairly often.

I've used Dri Side or Bike Aid for years. Several years ago I read about taping a ziplock to one end of the clutch cable and hanging it up and using a thin oil. When I took the cable off I couldn't move it but after a day or two I could easily move it with two fingers. So I routinely perform the same routine. I think I used MMO the last time - Bob

Back