free website stats program Lowering your softail? | Harley Davidson Forums

Lowering your softail?

CTrian

Hey guys.I was looking thru the mod post and see very little in the way of lowering your ride.I'm seriously looking at 422 progressives to lower my Nightrain about 2". Does any 1 in the forums (softail prefered)have progressives? If so pls post if you like them and how did it change the riding characteristics of your ride? Rougher ride and so on .Any 1 running Air shocks if so what kind and was it worth the cash .As most set ups run $1200 to $1500 .how is the ride with air? Glider I believe you run Air shox all input hugely appreciated .
Cheers

Last edited:
Yes, I have the stock air shocks but they are on the RK. Keep in mind if you are going to go 2 " lower that ride and cornering clearance will be greatly affected. Even the 1" lowering will effect the ride noticeably by making it stiffer. The NT isn't especially high off the ground to start with so 2 " will have an impact on the comfort of the bike.

The air systems that you mention will maintain the ride of the NT but come at a price. You have the option then of ride height where you loose it with the progressives. Give it some thought and get as much input before making the switch from people that have an air system verses the progressives.

Back