free website stats program lowering with 422s and dropin fork springs question | Harley Davidson Forums

lowering with 422s and dropin fork springs question

blubottle

I got my mind set on lowering my 07 FXST and thinking of going with progressive 422s. My question is would i really need to drop the front forks as well? And if I do drop the fronts I'm thinking of installing Progressive drop-in springs... Anybody here have first hand experience installing them? looks pretty simple install with the dynas but with the softails might be a little bit complex...
i dont want to remove wheel, brakes, fork diassasembly...blah blah...

Personally I would leave the front end alone, nothing rides better then stock and only dropping the rear that little bit the handling should stay be fine also.

I only lowered the rear of mine and it rides fine, maybe a little more push in the corners, but it's not a road racer. My son used the Progressive drop in kit on the front of his 08 nightrain and it only lowered it about 3/4" and he had a much harsher ride than stock. If he had to do it over he would have left the front alone or got the kit that you have to tear the forks down to install.

I have an '06 Low Rider that I dropped and inch with Progressive 442's. I left the front stock. As Chopper said there is no noticeable difference in handling. I did have a little trouble with dragging the lower exhaust pipe in a hard turn for a while. I fixed that with a SuperTrapp Supermeg 2-1 exhaust. Sounds great and gives another inch and half or so clearance. If these drag, I am probably going to be dealing with some road rash.

Good Luck

So I'll keep the fork stock! More money in my pocket! woohoo!

I hope I dont change my mind and go with the air ride route..

Ride safe alwaysss!

Back