free website stats program Lowering springer front fender? | Harley Davidson Forums

Lowering springer front fender?

snowman06

Does anyone know if its possible to close the rather large gap between the front fender and the tire on a springer softail? I was thinking of taking it off but my buddy told me they make dog bones that are shorter that will bring it down some. I would rather keep it on there but can't find them anywhere online. I have a slightly larger profile tire ordered that will fill in a little bit. Any help would be appreciated.

YES it can be done.not sure if you can still get em now but i have seen the kit available on ebay. also ages ago i remember saving a link to a site with step by step instructions on how to do it. i will have a dig around and get back to you.

ok had a quick look where i thought it mite be but couldnt locate it just yet.done a google search though and found that white brothers and kuryakyn both done kits but due to patent laws were forced to stop.let you know when i find that link

Last edited by a moderator:
If you could get pictures of the kit that they did have we could probably give you advise on materials to fab your own.

i guess i should of asked this earlier...how keen are you on getting the fender lower?i forgot about the easiest of all options is to grind off the original tabs and buy a set of fork clamps (can be found in the 08 v-twin reference guide).they attach to the front fork leg so you could sit the fender rite down and wont bottom out because it will travel with the wheel through bumps.

I was hoping for a more bolt-on solution but I will check into that. But let me know if you run across a lowering kit. I'm about to start browsing e-bay.

I was hoping for a more bolt-on solution but I will check into that. But let me know if you run across a lowering kit. I'm about to start browsing e-bay.
shall do,been away for a few days but will get back onto it and post the results

I have also been looking for ways to lower the fender and have not come up with a solid idea and you guys are the first people I have even seen talking about it, so if you can find the link on how to do it that would be awesome. This is my first time on here and looks like a great forum, nice to meet you guys.

Back