free website stats program Lowering Softail Deuce rear | Harley Davidson Forums

Lowering Softail Deuce rear

twhoodoo

I want to lower the rear on my Deuce (2001) 1-2 inches with something that is adjustable throughout that range. What do I need to do this and what is the best way? The add on pieces to the stock shocks or complete shocks? I have seen the narrow ones and I do not know what the difference is:small3d023::wall. I want the best for my baby and want to do it right the first time. Thought about lowering the front but have just about decided against that.
Thanks all,
PoPpy

Other than air ride what are my other options? Not crazy about the air ride thing, probably something I'll wish I had thought more about later.
PoP

yeah if u want it LOW go for a good but pretty expensive air ride, the cheap ones wont last long n r more trouble than their worth. air rides r quick n easy to lift and drop and firm or soften the the ride

What about the lowering shocks. what brand are the good air shocks and what brand would the regulare lowering shocks be? Thanks for your continued help.
PoPpy

Good question! I was about to ask the same...

What will happen if i remove the Baffles from my pipes?

Last edited by a moderator:
What about the lowering shocks. what brand are the good air shocks and what brand would the regulare lowering shocks be? Thanks for your continued help.
PoPpy

I put Progressive airtail shocks on my Softail and my buddy put a legend system on his. I would recommend either one. As far as the regular shocks, my son in law had Progressive shocks on his Softail Custom and liked them a lot.

Back