Lowering Shocks

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Thumperhead, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Thumperhead

Thumperhead Member

I am going to put lowering shocks on my '09 UC and was looking for opinions on the two options from HD. Which ones to go with, the Premium Ride, Hand-Adjustable Low Touring Shocks or the ProfileĀ® Low Touring Shocks? Thanks in advance for any and all responses!

2. Slapp

Slapp Junior Member

I have the Burly Brand on mine and they work great.

3. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

My money would be on the ProfileĀ® Low Touring Shocks. I can not see any additional benefit by being able to adjust by hand for the additional cost.

4. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

5. dsmithjr_1960

dsmithjr_1960 Member

I am using the lowering kit ($40 ebay), I have had mixed reviews from my friends but I like the ride and the seat height, as far as cost allot cheaper than new shocks, ride quality is very good especially slow speed /parking lot control it is excelent. I was looking at the Progressive 940, great looking/working shock but allot of money?? Just a thought some people dont like the lowered ride you might want to get the lowering kit and see if you like it first.

6. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

The only problem with the bolt on lower kit is that you are moving the shock to another position that it was not manufactured for. If it is working for you great, But I would be concerned of the load point or (weight bearing) attaching to the bracket instead of were shock bolts on swing arm.

7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

I could not agree more, I lowered my 97 FLHT with a White Brothers lowering kit, big mistake it rode bad and destroyed the shocks from the severe angle JMO