Lowering rear end 1" and just using triple Tree down 1"

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by Brentman, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Brentman

Brentman Account Removed

Hey People....I'm getting a 1" AMB lowering Kit for my 2008 Dyna...which will lower the hind end 1"... I lowered the front end by 1" by using the triple tree...looks a little hokey...but the windshield covers it...so once I get used to the look...it should be Ok.

I wondered if it would cause me any problems??? Handling/clearance...being laughed at...( which don't bother me !!!) etc.

Thanks
    Brentman

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Check your kick stand how does it sit now they make a shorter one

3. Brentman

Brentman Account Removed

Still waiting for the ABM 1 " lowering kit to come from the USA...it's coming by dog team Mail...should get it before christmas...then I will try it and check..the things everyone mentioned.
    Thanks

4. 06SuperG

06SuperG Member

I have the 1.75 lowering blocks on my 06 FXDCI, 2 inch tank lift, 1/4 inch front fork slid up into the tripple tree, heavier fork oil, true track, super brace, love the look, and the handling is GREAT.
    I haven't tried the Pregressive front fork springs. Don't want anything too stiff.
    Don

5. Glock23

Glock23 Member

I went with 11" Progressive 412's in the rear of my Bob. I don't like the look of the front tubes sticking out the trees so I will be going with Progressive lower kit for the front. The bike stands up a little more on the stand, just need to watch when you park on any slopes.

6. 66cruiser

66cruiser Active Member

11" progressives on rear with 1/2" drop on the tree. looks good, handles good. No problems.