Lowering my seat....

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by brderj, Jul 21, 2008.

1. brderj

brderj Active Member

I would like to lower my seat, if possible, without changing the seat I have. I have found some 2 inch springs, but I wonder if that would be any help at all. I think the springs I have are 3 inch springs (this is all on the crossbones by the way) and I doubt an inch would do much. Any ideas? How hard would it be to change out the springs anyway?

Thanks again all.

2. whatyardwork

whatyardwork Banned

Buy an exta set of stock springs and cut them to your desired hight.

3. GHOSTRIDER6247

GHOSTRIDER6247 New Member

Why don't you have your seat modded. My second seat is being done tomorrow for my new Ultra. Mean City Cycles did my '05 seat and I loved it traveling long days. When I traded bikes I sent the new seat to have the same mods done.

They lowered me 2.5" and narrowed the seat so my 29" inseam could be better used.

I didn't want to lower the bike because I like curves and hate scraping floorboards.

Just my .02

4. brderj

brderj Active Member

Removing the seat is not an option :D Plus its super comfortable, besides the pipes, its probably my favorite part of the bike. I did not think about the bottoming out thing, thats no good.

How hard is it to swap out springs? If I did it and it became a nuance could I simply put the old ones back on?