free website stats program Lowering my 2011 Street Glide | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lowering my 2011 Street Glide

OK...makes sense. If you haven't traveled ~1000 miles on the MCC seat yet - it does take time to break-in. Might not get you the true 2" drop needed, but adding the shoes should get you close. Personally, I wouldn't go with any lowering blocks...just not comfortable with the hardware set-up & have seen them fail. There are shorter suspension/shock set-ups which are a tad spendy, but you can't put a price on comfort - right? :s

Might want to check w/your dealership & see if thy offer a discount, or maybe you purchase the shocks/springs & they can install...?? Good luck!

Lowering will negatively affect the ride and lean angle. Be aware of both of those issues going in to it.

Do not by any means use any type of shock relocation brackets.

I hope that these comments are based on actual use after lowering. Maybe I am the exception after the one inch lowering blocks with no ill effects after two years, corners same as before in the twisties two up. (except on the race track the kick stand has to be removed)

I hope that these comments are based on actual use after lowering. Maybe I am the exception after the one inch lowering blocks with no ill effects after two years, corners same as before in the twisties two up. (except on the race track the kick stand has to be removed)

Don't your floorboards drag before the jiffy stand? :p

Take care,
Dave

Back