free website stats program Lowering kits | Harley Davidson Forums

Lowering kits

GrtDane

I am new to the H-D world and i was wondering what the difference is between the 15-25 dollar lowering bolts that are sold on ebay and the 60 dollar arlen ness lowering bolts. Both seem to lower bike 2" but price difference is almost double.

GrtDane
01' Softail Deuce

One's a knock off of the higher priced pieces. Do the job right and get the shorter shocks.

Agree with "glider" do it right and get the shorter shocks or better yet get the air ride shocks you can adjust on the fly.

Guys, shorters shocks on a softail doesn't lower the bike. A longer bolt with the lowering kit is what does it. On the FL, Sporty and Dyna models does the shorter shock theory work. The softail shock and spring works basically backwards from the standard shock.

Guys, shorters shocks on a softail doesn't lower the bike. A longer bolt with the lowering kit is what does it. On the FL, Sporty and Dyna models does the shorter shock theory work. The softail shock and spring works basically backwards from the standard shock.

You got me on that one, didn't realize we were talking about a softail.:s You are right there.

What lowering kits would you guys suggest then?

Back