lowering kit

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by razor10, Feb 7, 2011.

1. razor10

razor10 Member

looking for help i bought a depew industries lowering kit for my 02 ultra on ebay unforfunatley didnt come with instructions anybody installed one of these just wondering how they bolt on thanks

==================================================

any and all help appreciated

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2011
  2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Harley FL Lowering kit 02-10 ADJ. 1"-3"

If you look closely at picture it may help..
    It appears the lug goes under the swing arm and bolts where shock originally went. Appears to be a left and right.

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Keep in mind these kits put the shocks at a pretty severe angle, recheck your belt tension when you are done, and dont expect the shocks to work properly, IMO after lowering 2 Baggers with a similar White Brothers lowering kit I did not like the ride and it beat the shocks up pretty bad, Good Luck

4. badge171

badge171 Member

I it does not work out , I have a set of lowered air shocks I bought for a 03 R/K that I didn't use that I will let go reasonable if your interested,

5. razor10

razor10 Member

thanks jack what would you recommend instead a pair of street glide shocks

6. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

7. Slapp

Slapp Junior Member

I used a Burly Slam Kit that I had the dealer install when I bought my bike, works awsome, nice ride and man is it low.

8. maine-e-axe

maine-e-axe Junior Member

Get a lower seat. Lowering your frame gives you less travel in your suspension and you only have about 3 1/2" to begin with so you lower it 1" your going to have a harder ride. I went with the lower seat. JMO

9. razor10

razor10 Member

yeah i thought of that and tried it out at the dealership and that works but the bike came with the air zepplin and really dont want to give it up

10. Slapp

Slapp Junior Member

Slam Kit