free website stats program Lowering Kit | Harley Davidson Forums

Lowering Kit

Turk55

Got 09 SG, I see a lot of lowering kits on E-bay anywhere from $20 to $50 anyone try one of these kits, what ya think:dknow

I too have seen these kits, but I would not recommend it. The bike is already lowered from the MOCO and these budget kits seem to be just that..."BUDGET". There are better ways to lower the bike that won't totally screw up the suspension. Lowered shocks or air suspension is the way to go.

The only thing the "Budget" lowering kits do is change the angle of the rear shocks, and not in a good way. While the bike may be lower, the shocks can no longer function properly because they are out of alignment with the chassis - Brings new meaning to the phrase "hard riding".

Owning a streetglide, I couldnt imagine lowering it any more.With the loss of cornering and low speed scrapes, its already too low IMO.

Im actualy considering putting road glide rear shocks on so I can gain some ground clearance.

The only thing the "Budget" lowering kits do is change the angle of the rear shocks, and not in a good way. While the bike may be lower, the shocks can no longer function properly because they are out of alignment with the chassis - Brings new meaning to the phrase "hard riding".

I agree here I used White Brothers lowering Blocks on my 97 FLHT, big mistake it made the bike pogo in the corners the shocks are at the wrong angle to work right:s

As others suggest - lowering your SG isn't a good option b/c you'll definitely be scraping alot of things while riding. Unless it's physically necessary - I'd steer away from the eBay kits. Best recommendation is to do some research & find a quality lowering suspension kit w/air shocks. Good luck!

Check out a site called Bitchin Baggers. They modify OEM shocks to any custom length you want. I bought a set from them, great service and I had my shocks in about a week.

Back