free website stats program lowering kit | Harley Davidson Forums

lowering kit

easyglide

Bought this lowering kit on ebay for my 04 ultra classic, I'm 5'5 lowered the bike 2" could have went 3, it installed in less than 30 min. and worked great.
I couldn't afford 400. for shocks or 300 for the reach seat this was a great quick fix no one at the harley shops I went to would tell me there was another option. No difference in the ride and the kit looks as if it is very professionally built. Hope someone can use the tip. Probably a quick search on ebay for lowering kit would work. Cost 49.95 to 54.95 depending on who you buy from.

I'm only about 165lbs. so this should not change my suspension any appreciable amount running about 22 lbs of air, and it seems to be working fine, yep they said 2" but I actuall got about an 1 1/2 at the 2 inch adjustment level with them. Very satisfied probably won't change the shocks as this is a good fix for me. Thanks for the reply

did you only lower the rear? I am not sure if you need to both, I need to lower mine about 2 inches so I can reach flat footed. what part number did you get?

Around the beginning of winter, I was toying with the idea of putting a set of progressive shocks on the back and the shorter springs in the front to drop an inch. After thinking it over, I decided to leave things alone for now.
There's really nothing wrong with the suspension as it is. I can flatfoot the bike just fine, and even though I like the lower look, I decided I didn't want to sacrifice any ridability. I can scrape the boards enough as it sits now, so losing an inch would increase that.
However, when I did my chrome forks, I did replace the stock fork oil with the SE heavy and I think it has made the front seem a lot more solid. For as much as I've been able to ride (stinkin' lousy snow & ice) The front doesn't feel near as mushy as it did with the stock fluid.

I lowered both the rear and front to keep the bike even as recommended, I bought the lower air shocks from a dealer on ebay and saved $$$, I bought the front springs from my local dealer who gives me 10% discount they don't cost much anyway did the work myself which saves big$$$$. Bike rides sweet

I did the same thing, purchased the lowering brackets of ebay which dropped it approx. one inch. Later on I found a Harley front end lowering kit on ebay for a great price. After I got into the instal I understand why the the ebay seller wanted to get rid of them. What a (EDITED) it was. For me the hardest part was trying to follow the Harley Manul. After I set that aside and used common sense things went better. The ignition switch did scare me a bit but it went back together ok. I did end up buying Harley's fork oil which still upsets me....one bottle will not do both forks, you need two. Then you have a half bottle left over. Anyhow, the kit dropped the front an inch and she feels great and rides great.

[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a lowering bracket kit off Ebay for $50 to put on my 99 Ultra Classic. Had trouble stopping flat footed after installing a "Road Zeppelin" seat. I stand 5'10" with a 30" inseam. Seat is wide up front and the seat bladders will literally lift you up. The seat is a real spoiler so I know it is staying on the bike. The lowering kit claimed to lower the bike 1 or 1.5 inches (two adjustments). I chose the 1.5 inch adjustment (actually lowered about 1 inch) and now I stand flat footed. I have since put about 250 miles on the bike since and have not experienced any handling problems other than tire hitting the fender on bumpy roads. I do not consider the brackets a long term solution where I live so I ordered a pair of "drop shocks" from Bitchin Baggers out of Arizona for $315. After I have them installed I will post the results here.

Now should I ride the Ultra or the Fatboy.

I would have to agree that the lowering brackets are a temporary solution to lowering your bike. I went with the progressive shocks to lower mine, and all the help and suggestions I received was not to use the brackets. I am not a expert, but I listen to those that are. I think you will be happier in the long run going with the shocks.

Back