free website stats program lowering a touring | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

lowering a touring

Touring Front Lowering Kit

Place the rider's feet firmly on the ground. This kit utilizes components designed to provide a 1" decrease in ride height.

PN: 54564-09

Fits '09 Touring models (except FLHR, FLHRC, FLTRSE3, FLHTCUTG and Police models). Must only be installed on vehicles equipped with Profile® Low Touring Shocks P/N 54635-09. Can be installed on FLHX models with Original Equipment rear shocks.

Hope this helps.
Thanks biglew55, yes I'm aware of this Kit but I was just wondering if anyone here has installed it with the Original Equipment Rear Shocks and if there were any adverse effects to handling?

On the 09 models I was warned to watch how low you go if you still have the stock pipes on because of the new cross over. . heard stories of bikes bottoming out and was told it wasn't wise to lower the rear of my 09SG

FYI

You can gain a lot of inseam that will allow you to flat foot just by going with a seat the is narrower in the front tounge area and will not effect your ride you can gain more by doing this some times than lowering.

We where at the dealers last weekend and noticed exactly that.They had 2 street glides there, an 08 and an 09.My wife sat on both and was commenting on how much more comfortable she felt on the 08.The salesman was quick to point out that when they widened the frame for the 09's big rear tire, they also had to widen the seat.

Back