Lowering 2013 ultra limited

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by sgtjoe, Jun 23, 2013.

1. sgtjoe

sgtjoe New Member

I would like to lower my bike at least 1" I have looked at all the options available and getting mixed reviews. What would be the permanent option? I would sure appreciate all help.

2. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

What is your reason for lowering, for looks or fit and comfort ? Different reasons get different options.

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Welcome to The Forum, Would a different seat and thicker soled boots help?

4. sgtjoe

sgtjoe New Member

for fit and comfort, maybe I got use to riding my street glide.

5. ringgear

ringgear Member

I just went with a 2013 ultra this spring. Flat footing was ok but I wanted a little more bend in the knees.
    I sent my seat to Meancity cycle and had them rework it with the supernarrow and also lower 1". This did the trick for me. It's much easier backing up and stopping on uneven road
    Happy with this set up.

6. sgtjoe

sgtjoe New Member

That is what I would like sounds like a good option without having to mess with the suspension I live in the Florida Keys. Is Meancity cycle local for you or are they a web business.

7. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

8. sgtjoe

sgtjoe New Member

Thanks good buddy. I will look into this option now.

9. NELS

NELS Member

Lowered my '10 RK 1" front with progressive mono tubes and the rear 1" using street glide shocks. Rid e is alright and haven't scraped yet but then I'm not an agressive rider. Only draw back is getting a side stand with enough lean to it. Arlen Ness is close but still have to watch how I park as the bike tends to fall over even though I put a spacer to increase the lean. I'm going to re-work my stock stand and re-chrome it.