free website stats program Lower seat for Road King | Harley Davidson Forums

Lower seat for Road King

Jick Scott

I should probably wait till I own one before posting in here, but would like to get some suggestions on a lower seat. The stock seat is higher than I would like. Being an old man, I want one that is comfortable, but as low as I can get it...in the 27 to 28 inch range (before I get on). Also want a comfortable passenger seat as well, with back rest. Haven't been on a motorcycle for over 35 years, but now that we're retired, I have more time, and would like to get back into it. Starting from scratch, with the basic riding course and want to try some rentals before the final decision; but the Road King seems to be my choice at this point. Would appreciate any help and thanks for your time.

Harley makes a reach seat , lowers you and moves you forward. Works very well for us short people.
Retro 08

I just got a new Road King Classic. Being 5' 6" 29" inseam, I got the reach seat and the rear low shocks. It fits fine now.

I came from my first Harley - '08 Softail Deluxe b/c it is the lowest, but I wanted ABS and better heat management.

I like the RKC better, even though it shakes a lot more than the Deluxe at idle/slow speed, but once you get going it smooths out nicely. The cruise control is a nice feature. Also, I like the style of the RKC at lot more than the Deluxe.

I'm 5'10", and don't feel the reach seat is what I'm looking for because I don't want to go forward or backward, just down. I guess that's why the Japanese motorcycles fit me so much better. A topic that causes a great deal of stress, if discussed with my son. I guess most Harley riders are taller and don't have to worry about something like this. I didn't think there would be this much trouble buying a motorcycle in this day and time. But if you've got the money and willing to part with it, anything is possible. My research will continue as to what can be done and what motorcycle I'll finally decide to ride. Thanks again for your time.

Back