free website stats program Lower Mainland Decibel Check | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lower Mainland Decibel Check

I'm passing this info on as a favour to a friend.

On June 5-6 from 0830-1730 the North Vancouver RCMP will be running a free decibel check for anyone interested in finding out just how loud their machines are. An amnesty is promised in case your machine is over the top.
Location is the parking lot on the Main Street off ramp just off the north end of the 2nd Narrows bridge. (old highways office) Only licensed vehicles will be tested. No police force in BC has ever offered this.
Any questions contact Cst. Peter Kennedy North Vanc. RCMP
604-982-8949

My personal preference would be to just buy a dB meter and do the test myself.
I like the idea of the RCMP doing community relations exercises like this, but then you put yourself on their radar as someone to watch for if you have an overly load bike. Then again, I suspect if you were running open pipes, you'd steer clear of them anyway.

As for the Dziekanski, the airport security should've interveened hours sooner before notifying the RCMP.

If you don't have stock harley pipes, chances are you are going to fail. If you put new pipes on and they are louder, you will fail.
I don't need them to tell me with my 2 into 1 ( 3")non baffled Martin Bros. pipes that they are to loud. They are loud, thats why they are on there.

I think there should be a curfew, no loud pipes btween 9:00pm & 9:00 am. I compare it to mowing your lawn after 9:00 pm.
My pipes are loud, I know this, I don't go riding around your hood after 9:00pm. My bike is far to loud for night riding, I would wake up everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't have stock harley pipes, chances are you are going to fail. If you put new pipes on and they are louder, you will fail.
I don't need them to tell me with my 2 into 1 ( 3")non baffled Martin Bros. pipes that they are to loud. They are loud, thats why they are on there.

I think there should be a curfew, no loud pipes btween 9:00pm & 9:00 am. I compare it to mowing your lawn after 9:00 pm.
My pipes are loud, I know this, I don't go riding around your hood after 9:00pm. My bike is far to loud for night riding, I would wake up everyone.

I try to repect my neighbors too. I keep it at a low idle when I'm getting close. I'm sure they appreciate it. I didn't put my pipes on for any other reason than I love the sound of the Harley when it's rumbling down a road at about 2300rpm.

Back