free website stats program Lower Mainland Decibel Check | Harley Davidson Forums

Lower Mainland Decibel Check

watch guy

Banned
I'm passing this info on as a favour to a friend.

On June 5-6 from 0830-1730 the North Vancouver RCMP will be running a free decibel check for anyone interested in finding out just how loud their machines are. An amnesty is promised in case your machine is over the top.
Location is the parking lot on the Main Street off ramp just off the north end of the 2nd Narrows bridge. (old highways office) Only licensed vehicles will be tested. No police force in BC has ever offered this.
Any questions contact Cst. Peter Kennedy North Vanc. RCMP
604-982-8949

Thanks for the post watch guy. I live on the north end of the Island and them dates in June just don't work for me. Are they going to make this a regular thing there, or maybe move it around the province? I would love to have my ride tested (true duels). Hasn't been a issue yet cuz when a see a RCMP, I sorta baby it, but it can be load if I play with her... Anyway keep us posted and if they have one in July or August, I will make a point of trying to be there.

Take care and ride safe eh!!!:D

Hey thanks Watchguy, might be worth a ride into town to have the bike checked. Never hurts to know just where you stand on the sound volumes. I've seen noise checks happening just off the Lion's Gate bridge and they were for handing out tickets, not for giving the riders their DB levels.

I'm passing this info on as a favour to a friend.

On June 5-6 from 0830-1730 the North Vancouver RCMP will be running a free decibel check for anyone interested in finding out just how loud their machines are. An amnesty is promised in case your machine is over the top.
Location is the parking lot on the Main Street off ramp just off the north end of the 2nd Narrows bridge. (old highways office) Only licensed vehicles will be tested. No police force in BC has ever offered this.
Any questions contact Cst. Peter Kennedy North Vanc. RCMP
604-982-8949

Sorry, but the true cynic in me says to stay away from this.

With the "free" DB check, they will also match your bike and DB level in their
computers. Next time they stop you, they already know if you are over the top, without doing anything.
They could write you a ticket for DB, even if you have done nothing wrong.

It would reduce/eliminate any chance of challenging a noise ticket.

There is no hidden agenda with this. There will be no records kept and no video, but hey, why would you believe that? I heard the oil companies caused this leak in the gulf to raise prices.

There is no hidden agenda with this. There will be no records kept and no video, but hey, why would you believe that? I heard the oil companies caused this leak in the gulf to raise prices.

I believe the bolded section entitles me to a rebuttal.

Sorry, but after Robert Dziekański, and Orion Hutchinson,
the RCMP, and especially the RCMP in Vancouver, have zero credibility to tell anyone the truth about anything.

Robert Dziekański was tasered to death by 4 RCMP in 2007.
Orion Hutchinson, a 21 year old biker, was killed a drunk RCMP in 2008

RCMP Cpl. Benjamin Robinson was involved in both incidents, and is
still an RCMP officer.

Google has lots of information about all three people.

And the idea that there will be no records and no video is just laughable.

I believe the bolded section entitles me to a rebuttal.

Sorry, but after Robert Dziekański, and Orion Hutchinson,
the RCMP, and especially the RCMP in Vancouver, have zero credibility to tell anyone the truth about anything.

Robert Dziekański was tasered to death by 4 RCMP in 2007.
Orion Hutchinson, a 21 year old biker, was killed a drunk RCMP in 2008

RCMP Cpl. Benjamin Robinson was involved in both incidents, and is
still an RCMP officer.

Google has lots of information about all three people.

And the idea that there will be no records and no video is just laughable.
Well, I can see by your response that you're not coming.
Just as well. They'd probably take your picture and finger print you too
(or have they already?)
There are idiots in every profession I agree. By the way, how are the police in Italy?

Last edited by a moderator:
If the perception of Canadians is we are polite, then BC has their own perception within Canada. They are WAY laid back.

News reports aside, you are more likely to run into trouble here in Ontario with the OPP. Our traffic laws allow the police to be judge and jury and seize your vehicle and suspend your license for a week. It's totally at police distression for anything they deem to be "Stunting". For example, excellerating away from an intersection too quickly. Even if it's within the speed limit. (I guess having a modified exhaust attracted some unwanted attention and it was a sport bike?)

Sorry to highjack.

On topic, I'm pretty sure my SE II's would get me a ticket in most states or provinces with noise laws, especially those with aggressive inforcement.

I tend to keep the throttle in check when in town and it seems to keep the noise police at bay. Then again, the season is early!!!!

Anyone got a factory exhaust for an 2001 XL sitting in their garage not being used? Just in case.........

Cheers.

Last edited:
Back