free website stats program Lower Fairing Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Lower Fairing Question

BuffaloBill

Hey gang
Surfing E-bay last night and purchased a pair of Ultra Glide lower fairings for my RKC. Has anyone done this, is the install easy??
Please post Pic if you have some.

Thank you
BuffaloBILL

Should be no problem Bill, unless you had a clearance problem with the turn signals like I did on my 08 street glide, my lowers are the older style and the newer style should clear on street glides. I am getting spot lights so moving the turn signals down till I get the spots is a temp fix to stay legal.
I cant remember what the turn signals loook like on the custom but you might have the same problem if you have the older lowers.
here is a pic of the fron of my street glide

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 38
Hey gang
Surfing E-bay last night and purchased a pair of Ultra Glide lower fairings for my RKC. Has anyone done this, is the install easy??
Please post Pic if you have some.

Thank you
BuffaloBILL

Bill,

Here are the way mine look. I take them off in the Spring, and put them back on in the Winter. Mostly driven by the outside temperature averages rather than time. VERY easy to do. Takes about 10 minutes each including getting the tools and putting those away! The key is that your crash bar must be the same shape as the UC's.

TQ

Attachments

• 02-Get bike ready.jpg
    02-Get bike ready.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 03a-Remove lower fairings.jpg
    03a-Remove lower fairings.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 03b-Fairings off.jpg
    03b-Fairings off.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 03c-Summer look.jpg
    03c-Summer look.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 50
My wife bought me a set of the soft lowers for my birthday, easy on , easy off and the stowe real small . I have ridden with them on in both cold and very wet and I gotta say they are great !!

Bill,

Here are the way mine look. I take them off in the Spring, and put them back on in the Winter. Mostly driven by the outside temperature averages rather than time. VERY easy to do. Takes about 10 minutes each including getting the tools and putting those away! The key is that your crash bar must be the same shape as the UC's.

TQ

Hey TQ and gang

Thanks for the response I checked with local HD parts guys and they said the the crash bars are the same for the Ultra and RKC
Hope they are correct. The were of a 2009-

Wish me luck
Bill

Bill,

You'll like the lowers, I love mine in the spring and fall but yank them when it starts getting hot. Install is very easy. 3 bolts. My only complaint about the lowers is the poor quality snaps HD uses. You'll see what I mean. Good luck!

just put a vented set on my 08 went on no probs but if you have the fork wind deflectors they have to come off or they hit the lowers

Back