free website stats program Lower Fairing 2009' FLHX Street Glide?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Lower Fairing 2009' FLHX Street Glide??

I am interested in purchasing the lower fairing's for my 2009' street glide. I am interested in what people have to say about them. Do they make it too hot in warm weather or do the vent's provide adequate cooling? Just curious before I drop the $700 bucks for the color matched set. I think they have advantages, but what are the disadvantages? Also I saw they have a quick detach kit. Is it worthwhile or not? Thanks,

Depends on where you live and how hot it gets. I have an ultra and the lowers are std. equip. Even though you can open the vents, they are still not as cool as no lowers. That being said, they are nice in cool/cold weather. Are you talking about the HogChops or the HD original equip?

I am looking into the original HD parts. I live in the midwest, looking for something that I can slap on and close the vents for morning rides. I ride to work and it's has been in the mid 50's in the morning's and high 70's to 80's for the ride home. However I don't want to have to keep taking them on and off. I would like to simply open the vents for the afternoon ride, and provide enough air flow not to burn my leg off. Thanks for the input Doug

I live in Michigan so I get the same weather. Go ahead and get 'em. As I said they aren't quite as cool as no fairing but you'll appreciate having them on those crisp morning rides.

Back