free website stats program Low rider just stops | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Low rider just stops

Not a ethenol problem,,,,,,, been runnin the additive for a couple of weeks and altho the bike hasnt stalled and i am happy, but today about 2 miles down the road the rpms raised about 2-3 grand and then leveled back to 10 and then acted as if it was gunna stall but didnt. few more miles and stopped to visit someone. after about 10 mins I went to leave and the bike wouldnt start. just turned over and cud smell gas, not strong but was there. after turnin the key on and trying 3 times and then cranked till it started to catch. yes it did act as if it was flooded, few miles to home and no problem, any ideas ?

Ok checked for codes it came back as po118 sensor voltage open/high efi
WAP.gif

Ok I will try the loose cable but 99% sure that isnt my problem, as I was gettings a code , I was on my way to the hd shop fed up was gunna buy a heat snsor as I have read the code i got was related, so before I got there I stopped to check the code again and NOTHING diag came back as NONE under all letters, bike was running great but always has. so I just signed up for the free draw to win a hd . did sum errands and the rpms rose 3-4000 and died, fuel pump was workin when I turned key on so that isnt it, after 20 -30 seconds and 3 tries to start it , it fired up and i rode home without any more trouble, I checked for codes when I got home and again NONE , wt opps cant say that, so i am really confused, Bike runs like a champ till it decides to shut down and then up and atem again. I think i will try the heat sensor, bike noght tomorrow so it will be thursday, for all u keepin track I will post results as i go, and hope to find the problem and help someone in the same trouble, but tomorrow is battery cables ! thxxxxxxxxx all

ok i hope I am not borin ppl here, just trying to figure it out and maybe help someone else, today on the way to bike night, the bike started to raise in rpms (the sign of it acting up) and so i decided to try something differnt instead of playing with the gas which makes it die, lke it runs out of gas. so i didnt screw with it and let it do its thing, well the rpms went up then came down and it straightened itself out 30 secs later i was on my way with no problems

From the engines I've messed around with, carburetor engines, it sounds like its starving for fuel, don't know much about electronic fuel pumps.

Back