free website stats program Low Profile Windshield | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Low Profile Windshield

I'd post the link to Clearview Shields...but it says I need 5 post....and only have 3....lol.

I have an 8" Smoked Recurve.....Works GREAT....except in alot of crosswinds. Otherwise....I also have a 9.5" HD Smoked that works well for the wind....bad part is it's like a 'bifocal' line....right in the center of my view. Doesnt bother me that much except in the rain.

Overall...I'd choose the Clearview.

Billy G

I visited the Harley shop in Jamestown, NY and they had a blacked out denim Ultra sitting there by where you walk in with a very dark (black) windshield. Black Screamin Eagle pipes, black forks, very nice. So I walked inside and was looking at the different windshields. They had quite a few used glides and the 9" seemed to be the popular choice, but that one out front was shorter than 9, more like 7 or 8... I figured I'd ask whose bike it was and ask him what he thought of the windshield..... I didn't need to. Turns out it was a demo (yay me). So a 60 MPH ride down the road and back, just having got off my bike, was just the ticket. Turns out it was an aftermarket windshield and they had added a few parts to an Ultra Standard to dress it up. The windshield was perfect. No buffetting. And I had only read about how quiet the wind noise could be until now. I also looked at the 9" tinted H-D windshield and it looked dang near clear to me. I don't think it would have looked as well with the dark tinted air deflectors I was buying, but I've seen a lot of bikes dressed out like that. I just didn't want two bolt on plastic parts that different in color on my fairing. It should be in Wednesday. I got it in black chrome, which we are hoping is the shiny black. All the other aftermarket shields said denim or satin.

And...... that seat was so friggin comfortable on that demo! My God, what a difference. So I asked the guy which seat it was. It turns out it's the stock seat that comes on the standard, which feels totally different on the lower SG than it does the Ultra Standard. So I ordered one. Only 239, which I didn't think was bad at all. The seats I had been looking at were all over 300.

So it was a very productive day (lol).

Back