free website stats program Low profile helmets-No mushroom head | Harley Davidson Forums

Low profile helmets-No mushroom head

Rhys

I know so many guys dont use a helmet, and I dont judge. I dont like helmet laws, I think that you should be able to decide for yourself! I do feel more comfort when I do use a lid. The problem I have is I dont want a goofy looking mushroom head helmet that claims to be a low profile or sits low on the head and its got so much foam it rides on top of your head instead of down on your head. I would just ask around, but we dont have a helmet law here so most poeple here dont wear one. I want a half helmet or polo that sits realy low on my head, I want to be safe, but look lean and agressive also. I have looked all over and cant find one that dosnt mushroom the top of my head. So I would like to hear you ideas and or see pics of helmets that sit low.
Thanks 2 All,
Rhys

:50::rider

My buddy has a HJC 1/2 helmet that has a slim profile and looks good on. I don't know the model #, but it has like a airfoil scoop in the front.

... . .. .. .. I have looked all over and cant find one that dosnt mushroom the top of my head. So I would like to hear you ideas and or see pics of helmets that sit low.
Thanks 2 All, Rhys :50::rider

Hmm not sure, but you could try LeatherUp.com they have a huge selection of helmets at a good price. There also seems to be a lot of half helmets at the local consignment shop.

In Florida you don't have to wear a helmet (as long as you have health insurance) but I always wear one anymore since it helps keep the wind off my ears etc. Plus it is safer if you crash. I used to wear a full face but it was so hot I bought a 3/4 and love it. Counting my wife's helmet we have 3 for a total cost of less than $325, bought online at LeatherUp.

I don't really have a problem with the law here since if you get a crashed up without health insurance then the hospital would have to treat you for free so I guess it's fair to require it. Good luck with your search.

Thanks guys for the advice, I should have added alittle more info about what I need. I want a low profile half, problem is that I have a huge mellon. I literaly have not found any that will fit or look good. I like several, but they dont make them large enuf. Where do big headed bikers get cool stuff to fit. I have to get my clothes at the big&tall store, need a big and tall helmet. Thanks guys.

I woundn't worry too much. If you are that large of a person, most people will keep their mouth shut. As they should anyway. I like that NXT Helmet!
wilks3

I woundn't worry too much. If you are that large of a person, most people will keep their mouth shut. As they should anyway. I like that NXT Helmet!
wilks3

:laughYou would think so wouldnt you:laugh. I have just had several that dont fit well, and as you hit highway speeds you have to fight the wind so much that you can loose focous on what you should be focused on. But its also a comfort thing, and style. Thanks guys keep them comming, I wouldnt have found all these sites without ya!!!

Back