Low power and engine light 2012 CVO

Discussion in 'Other Service and Maintenance' started by DavidCheramie, Aug 1, 2013.

1. DavidCheramie

DavidCheramie New Member

I just changed the handlebars on a 2012 CVO Electra Glide. I went out for the first drive because I wanted to test the ABS front brake. I tried @ 10mph, 20mph, when I tried accel quicker to 30mph is when I noticed the low power. I looked and the gauges and noticed the engine light. On the ride back, I tried shutting off the ign. and re-starting but no difference. My question is....What are the possibilities/problems of this issue?
    Any advice is appreciated,

David

2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Have you pulled the DTC codes for the check engine light ??? If I may ask why were you trying out just the front ABS??? Always start where you finished and work back wards. From what I understand it is very easy to damage the throttle by wire sensor and or connector when replacing bars.

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

4. mouthful

mouthful Active Member

Is it possible that you slipped it into parade mode if your scoot has that option?

5. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

^^^Not necessarily parade mode b/c it wouldn't engage until motor temps reach the sensor limit(s)^^^

Agree w/wrenchin on the wiring issue...bad connection, or wire pinched/grounding on throttle side somewhere. Common problem w/bar installs...