free website stats program Low Fuel Warning System | Harley Davidson Forums

Low Fuel Warning System

hdcw3r

My eyes are bleeding from trying to find the below symptoms that developed on my 09 FXDC two nights ago:

Low fuel light came on, pulled over and filled up, drove less than a mile and stopped to eat for a couple hours. Drove about 5 miles @ highway speed and pulled over to pay toll, during HARD acceleration low fuel light came on and digital readout reverted to "remaining miles" mode with three dashes until I backed off acceleration at cruising speed again and digital readout switched back to clock mode, low fuel warning light goes off. Now this same symptom without the hard acceleration has re-appeared twice yesterday during low acceleration after stopping for 45 minutes to and hour.

Any ideas?

Mine did strange things when, as it turned out, I had an indicator wire which had rubbed through (not clipped up under rear guard). Have you checked for error codes?

My eyes are bleeding from trying to find the below symptoms that developed on my 09 FXDC two nights ago:

Low fuel light came on, pulled over and filled up, drove less than a mile and stopped to eat for a couple hours. Drove about 5 miles @ highway speed and pulled over to pay toll, during HARD acceleration low fuel light came on and digital readout reverted to "remaining miles" mode with three dashes until I backed off acceleration at cruising speed again and digital readout switched back to clock mode, low fuel warning light goes off. Now this same symptom without the hard acceleration has re-appeared twice yesterday during low acceleration after stopping for 45 minutes to and hour.

Any ideas?

Give it back to the dealer and let them have the headache.

100% agreed!!! It's a 09, still under warranty,let the dealer take care of it and make sure it's recorded.

Back