free website stats program Low charge at high RPM | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Low charge at high RPM

UPDATE: Stator seems to be the issue. Possibly combined with some connection issues that happened when I whacked a retread.

Thanks for the pointers everyone. I got a new VR but found my multimeter before installing it so I recovered that cash.

Good to hear you found the culprit, thanks for the update.:s

UPDATE: Stator seems to be the issue. Possibly combined with some connection issues that happened when I whacked a retread.

Thanks for the pointers everyone. I got a new VR but found my multimeter before installing it so I recovered that cash.

Good. But keep an eye on it. In my experience, when the stator fries a coil or two, the VR is abused and gives up the ghost a little while later.

Cheers,

TQ

Good. But keep an eye on it. In my experience, when the stator fries a coil or two, the VR is abused and gives up the ghost a little while later.

Cheers,

TQ

Absolutely. Good advice. If I had the extra cash I would replace both immediaetly. I plan on swapping the VR out on the first payday after Hallmark Day (aka Valentines) Day but this weekend the Honey gets all of the spending. :D

Back